We got nominated by jeannie over at jeannieanguyen. Again, thank you so much for this! We really appreciate that.
What is the Liebster award?
The Liebster Award is all about building out the book blogging community. Specifically, it’s a way to highlight newer blogs that don’t necessarily have a large following yet (less than 200). You get to discover hidden gems of blogs, make new book blog friends and learn more about the bloggers you already follow!
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their site on your blog
- Display the award on your blog
- Answer 10 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers for the award
- Create a new list of questions for your nominees to answer
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it
- If you could live in any book universe, which would you pick?
I would live in the Harry Potter Universe because I love magic, the world, the creatures and obviously Hogwarts. I would love to learn all about magic.
- Assemble a team of literary badasses to help you fight off the zombie apocalypse. Who would you choose?
I’d pick Aelin (Throne Of Glass), Kaz (Six of Crows), Nina Zenik (Six Of Crows), Harry Potter and Magnus (from Shadowhunters) to help me. They would make a great team. With Kaz’s crazy mind and planwork no plan we would have could go wrong. Imagining these people in 1 room together is such a great Image right now.
- Pick a book or character that most closely resembles you or your life.
That’s a hard one because I had a relatively normal childhood.. so any character in a contemporary around my age would resemble me. But I really personally connected with Hermione from Harry Potter because she’s a lot like me. She’s quite reserved but once she gets to know someone she tends to open up.
- What is your favorite movie or TV show adaptation of a book?
Without a doubt Shadowhunters because even when I really enjoyed the books back in 2014 I really fell in love with the show last year and ever since I’ve been obsessed. BUT second has to be Harry Potter because how could it not be? The movies are great and they captured the essence of the story so well even though there are moments I wish they’d put to screen.
- If you were to write a book about your life, which author would you want to write it?
I’d be up for Leigh Bardugo or Jandy Nelson to write it. Leigh would bring such wit into the story with her great dialogue writing. Jandy would make my life sound so poetic and nice. I would love to read both versions a lot.
- What is your favorite time and place to read?
I often read in my bed because it’s the most comfortable for me to lie down whilst reading.
- What is your favorite reading time snack?
I don’t snack every time I read but sometimes I snack on these crunchy chocolate/crisp crackers that are so good I end up going through 1 back within 30 minutes or so. :p
- List 3 facts about yourself that are totally unrelated to books and blogging.
– I get so easily distracted and lost in my own thoughts I sometimes forget what I was doing or going to do.
– I’m a quiet person but when I do get into the mood to talk I can’t shut up. It depends who I’m with too like if I’m comfortable with that person.
-When I really get into something I just can’t stop listening to it, watching it, or talking about it. I always want to share what I love with others, wether that’s online or with my family.
- What is your current and/or dream job?
I work at a rehabilitation clinic where I serve the patients their food (they eat in the dining hall/room) and I basically help them get their breakfast/lunch every day. There’s a lot more background stuff that I do as well as cleaning the tables, setting cutlery for the next meal etc. It’s a lot of work but If I can make them happy that makes me happy too.
& I also go to school. It’s like working and school combined in 1.
As for my dream job I would love to work with all kinds of media wether that would be designing a Website or writing reviews about tv shows or music I really enjoy.
- What is the best book you’ve read this year?
I’m going with last year since this year has barely begun… I really loved A Court Of Mist And Fury by Sarah J. Maas, because it really took the story in a direction I didn’t see coming and it really surprised me in a good way. Feyre is such a great female character I can’t wait to see what’s next for her.
- Nikki @ thenightisdarkandfullofbooks
- Amanda @ literaryweaponry
- Amylee @ thebooklagoon
- Sofia @ bookishwanderess
Questions for Nominees:
- If you could be a character in any book/tv show/movie who would it be and why?
- What book has affected you the most, in terms of, has it changed how you see things in life? Has it stayed with you?
- If you could go to the past or the future, what would you choose and why?
- Which author is your favorite at the moment?
- What album have you really enjoyed recently?
- List 5 things that make you happy
- What got you into reading?
- If you could have any supernatural power, what would it be?
- What book have you recently read that you enjoyed more than you thought you would?
- What are you currently reading?
Feel free to link me to your post once you answered the questions I really want to see what you guys think/say and get to know you better.