April hasn’t been the best reading month for me – what so ever. I didn’t finish a single book all month. Not one. I think part of it might have been due to the fact that I was staying with my sister for about half of this month, as she had injured her leg and was on crutches and couldn’t take care of her kids because of it (her husband had to work and wasn’t able to take time off for all of the time she was on crutches), so I was helping her. And there was no way I could get any reading done while over there. Her kids are three and two years old and obviously need a lot of taking care of and looking after! But I was happy to do it!
What I Read
I did pick up A Court Of Thorns And Roses towards the last third of the month and almost finished it – just 100 pages left (that I finished reading May 1st!). We all know I don’t make TBRs as I don’t stick to whatever I would set up for myself. But I knew that I wanted to re-read both ACOTAR and A Court Of Mist And Fury to prepare myself for the release of A Court Of Wings And Ruin! I hope to marathon all of ACOMAF in as little time as possible while I wait for my copy of ACOWAR to arrive from the UK!
And since I knew that I didn’t finish a single book this month, I figured I would put my April book haul into this post too! And I think I might actually continue doing it in the future too! So, let’s talk about the two books I bought this month!
What I Bought
In February I wasn’t really doing much reading so I also didn’t feel like buying too many books. Because what is the point, really? I don’t want to own too many unread books, so I try to only buy books when I know I’ll be reading them soon! And the same happened this month! I actually only bought one book that is a novel and the other one was more of a collectors thing – but I’m really happy with both of them!
This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
The novel that I bought this month was Victoria Schwab’s This Savage Song (I actually placed a pre-order for Our Dark Duet before ordering or reading the first book) and I was actually hoping to read it this month too, as I knew May would be a busy month for me with ACOWAR and Lord Of Shadows releasing – unfortunately that didn’t happen. And on top of bookish releases, there is also season 2 of Sense8 coming out tomorrow!
An Illustrated History Of Notable Shadowhunters & Denizens Of Downworld by Cassandra Clare
And then I finally got An Illustrated History Of Notable Shadowhunters & Denizens Of Downworld by Cassandra Clare which is illustrated rather beautifully by Cassandra Jean! I kept looking at this book for months and when I was watching Emma from emmmabook’s video on the order you should read all of the books in the Shadowhunter Chronicles, I finally decided to just get this already. I mean, I obviously wanted it. I kept looking at it over and over again! And I actually read it the second I got my hands on it! And it was so fun to look through all of these characters and read the little bits of information we got!
What I Posted
This is a new little feature I want to include in my monthly wrap-ups! I’ve seen so many people include posts they’ve done over the month in their wrap-ups and I really liked that, so let’s look at some of my favorite posts that were published on the blog this month!
- Top 5 LGBT+ Books On My TBR – while looking for books to include for the original prompt (which was LGBT+ books we had read), I realized that I hadn’t read many and switched up the prompt to feature books I wanted to read instead! The community also created some really great lists for that particular week!
- Top Ten Book Turn-Offs and Top Ten Book Turn-Ons – those two posts were so much fun to do and even more fun to look through what everyone else was saying and comparing similarities and differences!
- Following Back – Is It Necessary? – this was a post inspired by the comment section on a post on Reg’s blog and it was really great to get everyone’s perspective on this particular topic! I had learned my lesson before I ever started blogging and was quite thankful for it.
- 4 Ways To Deal With Your Ever-Growing TBR – because we all have huge TBR piles and how often do we really think about ways to deal with it? I shared some tips I had learned previously and that have helped me quite a bit!
- New Releases: May 2017 – I have pretty much been looking forward to May and all of its releases for a couple of months now and I was so excited to finally share all of them! And you guys seemed to really enjoy the post too! 🙂
April was also the first month of our new schedule and things worked out pretty well for the most part – apart from maybe two or three days where I had confused our posting days and realized there wasn’t a new post going up! That was a bit stressful! But other than that, things worked out well! Are you guys enjoying our new schedule? Let us know in the comments below, please!
That’s it for this month’s wrap-up! How has April been for you guys? Did you get a lot of reading done? Did you enjoy what you read? Let’s chat in the comments below!