Hey, Everyone! Beth over at readingeverynight kindly nominated us for this award! Again: Thank you! We’re both honored you enjoy our blog and thought of us 🙂
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions to answer.
- 1) Would you rather witness the beginning of the earth or the ending of the earth and why?
I think I would rather witness the beginning of the earth because it would be really interesting to see how everything started, how water,- how forests,- how animals – everything was created. Witnessing the ending of the world would certainly not be as good. All life would cease to exist and I don’t think I like that thought.
- Why did you call your blog what you did?
Swetlana actually came up with the idea but it’s basically about reading books way into the night, being so invested in books that not even sleep can stop us from reading. I think it’s a really suitable URL for us 🙂
- What social cause do you feel the strongest about (e.g. LGBTQ+ rights, animal rights, etc.)?
LGBTQ+ rights are something that is quite important to me (as a bi woman) because I witness that erasure daily. But overall I keep an eye on all kinds of social issues, that are being talked about on the news or within Tumblr.
- Give five amazing bloggers a shout-out, share the love.
- Mikaela over at thewellthumbedreader
- Lia over at imaginaryplacesonpaper
- Anushka over at goingthroughbooks
- Analee over at booksnacksblog
- May over at foreverandeverly
- Post a picture of a beautiful book cover.
That bird and the colors look amazing on that black background. It gives the book a very magical feel to it, which I think is what the author is going for here! Flame in the Mist has been on my radar for quite a bit but I’m in the middle of going through my books on my shelves so we’ll see when I get to it.
Pick your two favourite characters of all time. Now sacrifice one! (The universe is at stake)
First of all, this is quite cruel you know that?! 😀 Just because I can’t ever sacrifice one of my faves I’m gonna keep Magnus Bane alive and sacrifice Sebastian Morgenstern. Do we have a deal? 😀
- If the apocalypse was coming and you had to evacuate Earth, what are three things you would take with you (both bookish and non-bookish items accepted)?
Probably a spaceship of some kind to get away, some clothes and food/water that would help me survive whilst I search for some planet that has oxygen (suitable for Humans) and of course I would take some books with me.
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
I’d buy us off the house that we’re still paying for, spend money on renovating it, give some of it to my mom and my siblings, and keep some of it on the side just so I don’t spend all of it.
- Share one of your favourite quotes!
“Maybe some people are meant to be in the same stories” – Jandy Nelson
- Tell us about the last book you read; what did you love/hate about it?
I recently just finished reading A COURT OF WINGS AND RUIN by Sarah J. Maas. This book definitely didn’t let me down. One thing I might have changed was to give Rhys more chapters from his POV because there was so little of that. It would have been nice if Morrigan had gotten the chance to explore her sexuality a bit more. To keep it short, overall I really enjoyed it and I’m so happy for these characters. More about this book in my Wrap Up – I promise!
- Share one song that you feel would be a perfect fit for your favourite book character.
It’s really hard to pick just one character because there are so many that I love in different ways, but for this one, I’ll go with Magnus Bane again because he’s so near and dear to my heart. This song reminds me of how he’s been affected by pivotal moments in his past that made him the person he is on the show (I’m talking about show!Magnus here because I prefer the show but he’s originally from The Mortal Instruments books so it kinda counts, right?)
I was born in a thunderstorm
I grew up overnight
I played alone
I played on my own
I wanted everything I never had
Like the love that comes with light
I wore envy and I hated that
But I survived
- Amanda @literaryweaponry
- Tiana @thebookravenblog
- Jackie @toomuchofabooknerd
- Sue @suereadingcorner
- Jenn, Caitlynn & Eden @thriceread
- Kourtni @kourtnireads
- Nikki @thenightisdarkandfullofbooks
- Breeny @breenysbooks
- Sarah @writtenwordworlds
- Grace @theupstairsgirl
- If you could have personally witnessed any event from the past, what would it be and why?
- What is the last movie you’ve seen and did you like it?
- Name a book you have wanted to read once but don’t want to anymore!
- Recommend me an author
- Which book character is your favorite? (one that you will always remember)
- Pick a song that best describes the last book you recently read
- What do you look for in a book? The Writing, The Characters or The Plot?
- If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be?
- What’s the last TV Show you watched?
- Name the book you want to read next
- Do you work or are you currently in school/uni?
Thank you so much for nominating us (again). Doing this was so much fun for me 🙂 I hope you guys are having a great day and time answering my questions 😀