Hello, Everyone! I hope you’re all doing well. My exam is over now (still waiting on results) and my last days at work are counting themselves. But here we are back with this meme that is so much fun! Swetlana has decided not to participate for a few weeks, so, you’re left with just me.
Every week I go through my TBR and decide which books to take off or keep. This meme is hosted by Lia over at imaginaryplacesonpaper. You should check out her blog!
Without further ado, let’s get into it.
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff has the coolest concept of a book I have ever seen. Actually, I’ve started reading this a while ago but didn’t continue yet but I’m definitely planning on finishing it, although I might have to start from the beginning because most of it got lost in my head.
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman gives me some serious Lunar Chronicles vibes based on the synopsis alone! I’ll be giving this a chance because I haven’t read much sci-fi yet and want to explore that genre a bit more.
- Assasin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers sounds interesting enough but like I mentioned in a previous post, there are so many similar books and I want to make room for others. Maybe someday I’ll pick it up but not anytime soon. Sorry!
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard has such a cool concept that plays with truth and lies and that alone has me sold already! A lot of people seemed to have enjoyed it a lot so, that’s always a given.
- History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera is about grief, coping with the loss of a loved one and self-discovery. Seeing as I already own a copy of this book, I would be damned if I took it off my TBR.
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera is about Aaron who, despite having a girlfriend, finds himself falling for a guy. Things get complicated from there on. I’m game for any book with LGBT+ characters in them so I’m sold. I also want to explore the contemporary genre a bit more because I read a lot of fantasy.
That’s it for this week! Let me know if you read any of these and whether you enjoyed them or not!