Hey, Everyone! I hope you’ve been having a great week! I hear a lot of people are at BEA or BookCon this week, so, if you did go, I hope you had fun!
Every week I go through my TBR and decide which books to take off or keep. This meme is hosted by Lia over at imaginaryplacesonpaper. You should check out her blog!
Without further ado, let’s get into it.
- As I Descended by Robin Talley has a bisexual main character who’s in a relationship with a girl. I’m totally game for this! Even if I might not end up liking it as much, at least I gave it a chance for the representation in it.
- Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli will definitely stay on my TBR. I’ve recently read Becky’s other book The Upside of Unrequited which was released in April this year. I fell in love with her writing and how fun it is!
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. I’m kinda torn about this because I tried getting into Fangirl but it didn’t really get me as much as I wanted to. But I think I’m gonna give this one a chance – see if it like it better than Fangirl.
- Huntress by Malinda Lo has me sold on that synopsis alone! This sounds like such a cool story with diversity, lesbians, and fighting. It’s also written by a WOC Author.
- Rebel Of The Sands by Alwyn Hamilton sounds like a lot of fun (with a few tropes that are overused) and I’ve never read anything in a desert setting so this seems like a good place to start.
- Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes is staying on my TBR because a) I already own a copy of this book b) I love fantasy that involves Kingdoms and Magic, so this has me sold already. One of the characters names is Magnus which is kinda funny.
That’s it for this week! Let me know if you read any of these and whether you liked them or not!